Friday, March 30, 2012

Eye: Sketch

This is, and has been, my go-to eye when I want to look fierce for the past couple months. Dark Diversion Fluidline was limited edition, I believe, but if you can get your hands on it grab it up! It's slightly less opaque than I'd hoped, but still very close to perfect. It's an amazing colour for just about any eye colour, and it really plays well with red hair. This is a shimmery look, so if that's not your thing, I apologize.



I prep my eye with Urban Decay's Primer Potion (Original)


I apply MAC Blanc Type shadow with a big fluffy brush (MAC 227). I apply this all over, from lashline to brow, with a lighter hand going upward. This is a matte2 formula that goes on like butter, blends amazingly well. It's described as a creamy beige on the website. I would call it more of a dirty creamy off white with a pinkish tinge. It's similar to Yogurt, but about a million times better. I use it for a base most days.   




I  pat on Dazzlelight shadow with a shorter stiffer eyeshadow brush (MAC 239) onto my eyelid and a little above the crease for blending later. (You can apply this to your waterline as well if you want a more subtle highlight than the one I'd about to recommend)


I use my MAC 219 pencil brush to apply Sketch (my current muse, described as burgundy with a red shimmer... I find it has a hint of plumb) by touching it to the shadow and tapping, then starting from the outer corner of my crease I use a light feathering motion working inward about half way. I blend this with a windshield wiper motion using my MAC 219 blending brush. Then I smooth that out with a circular motion. If you want a cut crease look you can pick up more sketch with a small angle brush like the 266 and define the crease, lightly "windshield wipe." Etc. 




I dip my other small angled brush (MAC 266) into Dark Diversion Fluidline, which is basically Sketch reincarnate as a Fluidline. I adore it! Anyway, I trace my lash line with that. Most of the time I flick the ends up into a cat eye. If you want to take Sketch and trace over Dark Diversion that will give it more staying power. You can trace your lower lashline with either Sketch or Dark Diversion, or nothing at all. I used Sketch applied from the outer corner, going about 2/3rd in and let it taper off and blend into my waterline highlight.







My go-to highlighter is Nylon. It's very frosty... like my soul haha. I like a strong brow bone and waterline highlight. I apply that with either the fluffy angled MAC 275, small angled 266, or 212... which is like the 266, but... well, not angled. 




Slick on some mascara (I used MAC False Lashes Extreme Black) and you're good to go! I create variations of this look by replacing Dazzlelight with either Vex (a really interesting silvery/pinky/sometimes greenish duochrome) or Retrospeck (a gritty soft gold).




Voila!




Retrospeck


Vex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3