Friday, March 30, 2012

Nails, Nails, Nails!

I'll start this entry off with a picture of my Clovermeleon! Chloë is almost 5 months old.<3

I've been sidetracked. Every time I have a child I lose a talent. I like to think I'm transferring it down to them, but we'll see! With Rhett I lost my ability to draw. With Cailum I lost my culinary skills. With Chloë I seem to have lost my ability to apply makeup. Maybe I just need to make time for these former talents. 


In any case- I had a bad makeup consultation and it threw me off. My application was good, I think. It was my inability to pick up cues from the client. They were all there, but I didn't take the hint and I applied a classic pinup face on a client who is afraid of makeup. The terror in her eyes! I've never failed to please and it's not something I want to feel again. 


While I've been building up the nerve to get back on the proverbial horse, I've discovered a new passion. Nails! I'm a bit sloppy and I don't have all of the tools and colours I'd love... but that is quickly changing. I've ordered nail brushes and dotting tools galore from eBay, I'm practicing like crazy on everyone I can get my hands on. Without further ado, I present to you some of my musings:
Misc.

Watermelon

Bride of Frankenstein

Water marbling

Scale

Argyle 

Purple Leopard

Corset

Two Tone

Gradient

Next I want to try Peacock. I've actually got a super long list of things to try. Good thing I've got 10 fingers and 10 toes! I will also be working on perfecting these designs and creating tutorials for this blog. As you can see, I haven't been bothered to clean up my manicure before photographing, but you get the idea. 

I've also been painting Chloë's nails. Her last manicure was a glossy black nail with silver tips. It was ferocious! I am loving having a daughter so sooo much! <3

If you're looking for brands to try, I highly recommend Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear. The colour selection is stellar, the quality is good, and the price can't be beat. They can be found just about anywhere (Shoppers Drugmart, Walmart, Zellers, etc.) I use those and O.P.I. I am hoping to get my hands on some China Glaze, Essie, and Zoya in the near future. I will also be experimenting with artists acrylic paints. There is a brand called Kiss that offers 3 packs of nail paint with stencils for $16 CAD. These paints are AWESOME. I will write up a review soon!


I'm concluding with this adorable picture of Chloë enjoying the unseasonal sunshine :D Isn't she darling!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3