Saturday, March 31, 2012

Nail: Peacock

Update:

This is what they looked like after sleeping on'em and applying a top coat. They tend to clean themselves up a bit, which is why I don't bother.


This is my pilot attempt at Peacock nails. The colours I have are perrrfect. My technique? Not so much, BUT I learned a thing or two. Besides- Nails are FUN.
  


I applied a base coat. Mine is from Walmart and it was cheap cheap. 
Wet'n'Wild Base Coat


I applied two coats of my deep green.
Peacock feather hair clip and first of two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Emerald City"

Because there are so many layers to this look, I thought this was the best solution so that it would actually dry this century. The key, and where I faltered a bit, is to make sure the qtip is saturated in nail polish remover when removing your circular section. That way it will dissolve the polish rather than push it to the edges, creating sort of a well. It's best if you can wait for each layer to dry, but I have 3 children and no time to wait for anything- which is why mine is messy.




I forgot to snap a picture of the 2nd green filled in, but anyway I filled the empty space in the deeper green, and removed an even smaller section of the lighter green. 

Lighter Green is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Ivy League"

 Fill in with gold, hallow out gold with remover soaked q-tip.
It's repetitive. I'm sure you've had it figured out for a while... I did something a bit different with the lighter blue, but since I did it after the dark blue, wait for it....
Golden colour is Sephora by O.P.I in "Rumba Romance"
This blue is Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in "Blue Me Away!"


I applied the dark blue (Revlon's "Midnight Affair") in almost a heart shape, but with a more rounded bottom... After that I took the lighter blue and traced a small amount of polish around the bottom of the dark blue shape. I took a toothpick and dragged the light blue out onto the gold in a half-assed feather effect. Just little lines.

And the final result:

It just wouldn't be me if I wasn't too lazy to clean up my the edges <3
-H.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3