Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Haul: NYX Products

Target's display was a little sparse, not like this! :(
I am excited let you know, Dear Readers, that I've finally had a chance to try NYX brand products. My city carries this brand at Rexall, but I don't live anywhere near a Rexall and ended up indulging in Kiss brand nail art supplies and passing up NYX last time I was there. They opened the first Target in London right near my house, so I decided to check it out while I was waiting to transfer buses. I saw a lot of old familiar brands, and then I noticed NYX! I spent the entire bus ride home talking incessantly to Chad about how I was just dying to try the Jumbo Eye Pencils, especially "Milk."

A few days pass, and NYX products have not slipped my mind. I'm still obsessing. Chad was on his way to my place and called me from the mall, "I have a surprise for you..." I didn't have to guess. I knew. I mean, I thought I knew, and I was kind of right. I expected him to present me with NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in "Milk," which he did... Along with the shade Purple Velvet; He said this would match the new purple tips I'd "dip dyed" into my hair. Keen observation, Chad ;) But that's not all... He had more! NYX Studio Liquid Liners in shades Extreme Green and Extreme purple, followed by Liquid Crystal Liner in Crystal Gun Metal. Last but not least, NYX Jumbo Lip Pencil in Plush Red- a beautiful blue based classic pinup red.


I need more time to test these products... Probably about a week. What I can tell you so far is that the lip pencil applied like a cream and could be worn alone as lip colour. In addition to that, "Milk" made for a beautiful base which helped to blend my eyeshadow like never before. I applied the Purple Velvet eye pencil  last night and ended up sleeping in it... All of the makeup around it was smudged or missing, but the pencil hadn't budged. It looked exactly as I did when I applied it! So far I'm quite happy with each product. I still need to see how Extreme Green and Crystal Gun Metal wear. I did try on the Plush Red lip pencil but needed to remove it for bed... So while it applied well and looked great, I'm not sure how it wears or what effect, if any, it may have on the lips. I think this was a good haul to begin with and I'm looking forward to trying more of the Jumbo Eye Pencils especially! Hopefully I'll get my hands on a camera so I can post some swatches and pictures of looks I've created.




-H.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3