Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Review: Make Up For Ever - Smoky Lash Mascara


 Allow me to introduce to you, my favorite new mascara! Make Up For Ever never disappoints!

I opened my email a month or two ago to find that Sephora was offering a very cool 500 point reward to their VIBs. I recently cashed in 500 points for the Tarte mini kit that I reviewed right here. The products were hit or miss. Actually, the only thing I really couldn't stand was the eyeliner. Anyhoo, I would give serious consideration to purchasing every single item in this MUFE mini kit. The kit included a primer sample, a mini eyeliner, mini gloss, the mascara this review is based upon, and a finishing powder. The products are packaged in a simple but sophisticated clear zipper case with black piping.



This mascara is so sooo great! I'm kind of at loss for words that accurately describe why I love it so much. It does everything a mascara should do and my lashes have never looked better. They look flawless. Soon I'll have pictures to illustrate this point. It lasts, it "performs," it's not uncomfortable, nor does it have an unpleasant smell.

What does MUFE have to say?

"This ultra-pigmented mascara was specially designed to give the lashes an exceptional volume-enhancing effect with infinite lengthening and immediate curling."

First of all; This mascara is blackest black. We're talking, like, black like my soul before I had children! I don't have any issues with the length or thickness of my lashes (though it would never hurt to be longer!) but this mascara really seemed to fill them in and bring them out. I must admit that this may in part be because it's so freaking black. It lifted my lashes nice and high, where they stayed all day with no smudging or flaking. No raccoon eyes!

The formula applies well but it will start to clump a bit if you overwork it. That said, I was easily able to build it up with multiple coats and did remark to Chad that the mascara made it appear as though I was wearing a gorgeous and dramatic set of false lashes. Something about the formula seems somewhat "drier" than others, and I did notice that my mini-tube dried out pretty quickly, which was disappointing not just because I adored the product, but also because I no longer have the product on hand to finish this review (I began drafting this months ago) and so I'm unable to comment on some of the things I don't quite remember.

The photo above gives you an idea of what the brush looks like. I found it easy to use and comfortable to apply. Despite having a somewhat dry formula, the wand didn't catch or drag on my lashes. I definitely intend to repurchase this mascara just as soon as I can, and when I do I will repost an updated version of this review.

You can find Make Up For Ever Smoky Lash Mascara at your local Sephora for around $23.00 or order it online. I would certainly recommend it. It's hands down the first mascara I've used that I truly loved and was excited about.

-H.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3