Friday, January 15, 2016

Beautify Your Cake Pops with Basic Embellishments

Tonight I finally got around to whipping up my second batch of cake pops. I'd planned to do this yesterday but was too busy. I wondered if the cake being two days old (with the potential to be stale) would make a difference, but it didn't seem to. Then again, the cake wasn't exactly stale, either.


So I had originally hoped to gift a bouquet of cake pops from my last batch to a little boy who's birthday my son is invited to tomorrow. The problem being, my fiance and children ate pretty much all of them. My fiance, who told me before I made them that he was not going to be interested in them at all (guess they were THAT good!) kept creeping back to the fridge for more. As did my daughter, who stole several and ate them underneath a sheet while I was in the shower. It was no big deal, though. I knew I'd be making more.

You won't find the actual recipe on this page (but keep reading because there is a link). What you will find on this specific page are some simple "toppings" that when sprinkled on a cake pop, look surprisingly decadent. You might even find that you already possess most of these among your baking goodies.

 Click here for my Cake Pop Tutorial

 

I apologize that these pictures were taken in my refrigerator, cake pops cramped together and somewhat difficult to see. I tried to capture most of the different 'styles' in the photos and I may be able to update tomorrow with a better presentation.

So here's what I whipped up in my first batch:





And pictured below are the ones I finished tonight. Since they're kind of staggered, it would be difficult to explain what each is topped with from a left-to-right order, so I'll put my faith in your ability to tell by looking, and present you with a list. 

I used white Mercken Candy Wafers to make the white coating. I used a lot of sprinkles, as you'll see. I had basic white long sprinkles, rainbow long sprinkles, rainbow ball sprinkles in various sizes mixed together because I like the effect, silver pearl candies- like you see on shortbread cookies, crushed candy cane, blue decorating sugar, coconut- flaked and shredded mixed together, rainbow candy coated chocolate chips, Skor Chipits, and one of them adorns a pair of Wilton's brand candy eyes (adorned with fabulous glamour lashes!). I just mixed it all up to get a variety of looks. I thought I really liked the blue and pink ones I made with white sprinkles, but now I'm not sure which I prefer. The white look just as appetizing and adorable.













Until next time!
-h.Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3