Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: got2b Smooth Operator: Smoothing Satin Drops


What is not to like about this product? Just don't use too much, and use it for what it is. This will not work a miracle on your hair and repair your dry, damaged ends. It will, however, disguise that damage while you work hard to nourish your hair and grow out stronger, healthier hair. It's mostly silicones, which explains why too much will make your hair greasy, but just the right amount will make it look great.

 Make note that this does contain a 'UV protectant," which is always good, but I would like to know exactly how much protection is given here.

I love this product. The smell is okay. It's kind of a childish candy smell. Not mouth wateringly yummy, but certainly not offensive. I apply this after blowdrying or straightening. I work a few pumps into the hair, concentrating on damaged areas. I'd start with one pump for fine hair... but my hair could be described as anything but fine. It's coarse, thick, frizzy, and there is LOTS. It smooths frizz, softens the feel of hair, and adds a great natural looking shine. Sleek and shiny!

The formula is light weight and once you find the right amount for your hair you virtually cannot tell you've got product in, which is really important to me. I hate the look of product, and I hate feeling it in my hair. A little goes a long way and yet you don't get a large amount per pump, so little product should be wasted. Or if you're cheap like me, you won't find yourself struggling with gooey hands to get the lid off the bottle to scrape the excess back in.

The price tag is highly agreeable. I think I picked up mine on sale for $4.00 or so, from No Frills. The packaging is both practical and fun.

Go check it out!

-H. Cat

2 comments:

  1. I will have to pick one up next time I'm at the drugstore- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I've also been told that BioSilk is a good drugstore product for similar (allegedly better) results, but at a higher price point. I have yet to try it, but after reading this review I've gotten a lot of recommendations to try it. I'll probably pick it up and review it within the next couple weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks darling <3