Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review: Wet'n'Wild' #666 Lipliner

The shade is also known as Brandywine and has long been a best kept secret of makeup artists everywhere. For just 99 cents you can have this extra long stick of creamy one-shade-suits-all liner. It is the perfect nude liner.

I have read that this is an exact duplicate for Chanel's #1 best selling Nude Liner, which retails for $28.00

It is absolutely the only lip liner I ever use. I'd like to try MAC's Spice but I haven't bothered to purchase it because I know I will still be reaching for my 666. It sharpens clean, not messy, and lasts up to a year even with daily use. It's becoming gradually more difficult to find, so I might buy out the rest of the display next time I repurchase. I know Walmart does carry this brand.

The shade works for anyone and everyone! It's a neutral pinky brown, great for creating the nude lip look, or a base for any other colour.

 I first learned about this legendary liner while reading the blog of a professional makeup artist and his HG (Holy Grail) recommendations for anyone's kit. I had seen the brand before, and because of the packaging and price I'd always considered it "kiddie makeup." Something a 13 year old girl would purchase to begin experimenting with cosmetics. In fact, this brand is a hidden gem! The quality of most of their products easily matches those of higher end brands such as MAC and NARS. I'm actually going to pick up a couple of the bronzers and review them soon enough.

I trace my natural lip line then lightly fill my lips in to prevent my lip colour from "bleeding." If my lipstick should wear off throughout the day, and it will, this matches my lips so naturally that there will be no visible line. I have yet to come across a lipstick or gloss that doesn't look awesome over top of this. The finish is pigmented and creamy with a slight sheen, not matte- which also means the stick does not tug at your lips.

At a whopping dollar, I recommend you give the 666 a try. You're not really going to be out anything even if you should find that you don't like it (which I can't imagine, at all!)

-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3