Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Review: The Body Shop's Brow & Liner Kit

This compact retails for around $18.00 and is designed to line the eyes and define brows in two complimentary shades. It comes in three colours. Blonde/Auburn, Brown/Brunette, and Dark Brown/Black. I purchased the Brown/Brunette. 
The product is a wax in powder form, and includes good old Vitamin E and a special oil from Namibia to protect and condition the skin.

I liked this product a lot, but I doubt I will repurchase. Why? Well... The price compared to the use I got out of it. I will most likely go on trying new things for my brows (once my current HG Revlon ColourStay Enhancer runs out.) I only ever found myself using it to define my brows, not as an eyeliner. I tend to use liquid and pencil liners. If I use a powder, it's usually MAC. I used one shade way more than the other. The shade I liked best broke away from the packaging and eventually got lost, so I simply tossed it out of frustration. The brush itself is a neat, compact idea- but it does suck. Works while on the go with some special care and effort, but I used the product with my MAC 266 small angle brush.

If you have a brush to use and you know you will use both shades, then go for it. As I said, the powder itself is a good product. It can be used wet or dry, and has lasting power. It gave my brows great definition in a soft and natural effect. They felt smooth, not stiff or waxy. The colour was a perfect match.

The little compact does last a long time. I used mine for the better half of a year and the packaging broke before it ever ran out. If you tend to drop your makeup- Beware. Or just get rid of the man rushing you to get ready, causing you to fumble your makeup. ;)

-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3