Thursday, June 10, 2010

Review: The Body Shop's Hemp Hand Protector

The famous Hemp Hand Protector! This stuff is great. I remember mentioning wanting to try it to one of my co-workers, and sure enough she had a tube of it on her. I purchased my own in short order.

I have a few problems with this stuff. First of all, the packaging. I like the way it looks. Hell, I even like squeezing the tube. I'm easily amused, and it's fun. The problem is that it bends, cracks, and wears down. Then it leaks, and then the tube gets greasy. The next (and in my opinion, worst) issue is the smell. Some people dig that earthy hippie funk. Not I! I hate the smell of hemp, patchouli, any of it.

The healing and moisturizing properties are great. Great enough to overlook the stinky smell and the flawed packaging. This is said to be the choice hand protector of professionals, as well. Doctors and chefs love it because they are constantly washing their hands, which is very drying. My hands are simply dry, and it did the job for me. The real test was Chad's hands. Chad has calloused, dry, cracked, damaged, manly man hands. He does jobs that are hard on one's hands. Roofing, concrete, landscaping, factory. You name it. (Anyone need a roof done? Ha!) The Hemp Hand Protector worked wonders on him. In fact, I'm feeling a little Father's Day inspiration coming on!

But I digress, as usual. If marijuana and hippies are not your thing, don't let the packaging and scent scare you away from this product if you want to give your hands some intensive TLC. If you find that the smell bothers you (hey, some people like it!) I would suggest putting this on at night time, perhaps with cotton gloves over top. You'll get all the benefits but you'll be asleep so you won't have to smell it. Then use something with a better smell during the say. Mmmm Nivea.

So let's review. This will moisturize your paws, nourish and heal them, and in addition to that it will strengthen and build the flexibility of the fingernails, which will help protect them from breakage- which can be a major pain in the ass!

-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3