Sunday, June 6, 2010

Review: Hypnotic Poison (Fragrance)


This fragrance has been described mostly as sensual, seductive, and warm. To sum it up: This is a love potion.

It is the third fragrance in the line, and was designed by perfumer Annick Menardo. She also is the creative nose behind Lolita Lempicka (love those apple shaped bottles!) and Boss by Hugo Boss.

Nothing is for everyone but this is a wildly popular fragrance. In fact, one misting of this magic-in-a-bottle and I knew I would be irresistible to Chad. Needless to say, it worked. This is a fragrance that smells varying from person to person. I've always had trouble looking (read: smelling) at myself objectively, so I'm not sure exactly which notes stand out most on me. I do have a friend who wears it as well, and on her it tends to smell a bit like hot chocolate, smokey dragon's blood, vanilla and leather. On myself I get a totally different smell.

Some consider this an evening fragrance. I use this any occasion, any time. For daytime I lighten it up by misting myself all over with Victoria Secret Beauty Rush in Juiced Berry and applying a hint of Hypnotic Poison to the collar bone and wrists. For evening I will usually just use a heavier spray of Hypnotic Poison, or similar to the day use but with a vanilla body spray instead of berry.

This stuff has lasting power! I don't put my hoodies through the laundry after each wear because I don't want them going grubby on me (fading, pictures cracking, material balling up, etc.) If I throw one on that I haven't worn for a week I'll almost always catch a hint of this fragrance lingering.

This scent falls into the oriental category and boasts a touch of vanilla.
The base notes are sandal wood, vanilla, moss, jacaranda wood, and musk.
Heart notes include rose, lily of the valley, jasmine sambac, tuberose,
And the top notes are ones of bitter almond, caraway, coconut, plum, apricot, and pimento.

Not for the faint of heart, this scent is definitely an attention getter. When I actually ventured out into the outside world I got compliments on this fragrance almost daily. And as Chad would tell you, one smell and he was hooked! ;)
-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3