Friday, June 4, 2010

Review: Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse

I purchased this in "Light 3.5." I am normally an NW20 with yellow undertones, but I've been tanning (mostly tan-in-a-can) and quickly grabbed this on a rush through the drugstore.

I was pleasantly surprised to see it blend and disappear into my skin like butter. I've applied with my finger tips, a sponge, and the MAC 187 "Skunk Brush," all with equally fabulous results. It feels smooth and light on the skin, compared to my staple MAC Studio Fix Fluid. I was finding the SFF a little heavy for the muggy sweltering summer we are having.

It has a faint smell, which isn't unpleasant but I wouldn't exactly call it perfume. The coverage is easily buildable and it does an impressive job with my fairer freckles. Not so much for the darker ones. I have fallen asleep with this on and my skin still looked good when I woke up. It didn't come off on my pillow, either, which was a plus. It sets quickly, and I have yet to experience it oxidizing or melting off of my face, as some people have experienced. My skin is not oily, or particularly dry, so that may make the difference.

When I want full coverage I will apply a pump of this, wait a minute or two, another pump, and then a light dusting of my MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation (which is now a loose powder, thanks to my boyfriend.) It gives my skin a flawless look and manages not to feel heavy... but does look a little bit "fake" on me. Too perfect? I'm used to seeing myself with a face full of freckles. If I don't apply a finishing powder, it leaves a creamy slightly dewy finish that I really like, but I usually top of with a light dusting of my HG- Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. I'll be writing a rave review on that one soon enough.

I must also give a shout out to the packaging. It's a 30ml glass bottle with a plastic pump top, which turns to the right to open, and to the left to lock. One pump is just enough for the right coverage.

All in all this is impressive for a drugstore foundation. If you should happen to come across it on sale I would grab it. I probably would repurchase in the future, but I like to experiment so I'll be on to something else when the bottle is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3