Sunday, June 13, 2010

FOTD

FOTD stands for Face of the Day. I plan to include a lot more of these, as well as tutorials, just as soon as I get a decent camera. The pictures I took today were from Chad's cellphone and do the vibrancy of the colours no justice whatsoever. The little butterball turkey is my youngest son, Cailum.

I washed my face, applied a toner and a moisturizer. While waiting for the moisturizer to sink into my skin I made Rhett some breakfast, changed Cailum's diaper, and washed my hands.

I applied the Body Shop's Matte It primer all over my face, excluding the eye area. I gave it a minute to sink in, and while I waited I applied a tiny bit of lip balm. After that I put tiny dots of Maybelline Dream Liquid Mousse in "Light" all over my face except my eyelids, especially focusing on the freckled areas. I stippled and buffed this into my skin using my trusty MAC 187 duo fibre brush. Since I didn't sleep last night and to set the foundation as well, I followed that up with MAC Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation in NW20

I then stippled MAC Blushcreme in "Lilicent" onto my cheeks and blended it in with my 187 brush (which was wiped off after foundation application) To highlight my cheek bones and up the center of my nose I used Red Earth's Secret Potion Face'n'Glow loose powder in "Pink Princess." I own two of these in liquid and other colours for a dewier finish. I love them.

I traced my natural lip line in Wet'n'Wild lip liner, shade #666 (another cult classic, and remarkably cheap!! Find it at Walmart.) I skipped lipstick and applied Red Earth Lip Wonder ultra shiny plumping gloss in "Peachy Girl."

For my eyes I used Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. I applied a thin coat all over the eye area, from lash line up to the brows, and along my lower lash line as well. I styled my hair while I waited for this to dry. It really doesn't take long. Maybe a couple minutes. After that I patted MAC Golden Lemon pigment into the eyelid and blended it. I applied MAC Chartreuse pigment from the outer corner of my eyes to about half way in, above the outer edge of the pupil, and layered MAC Bitter eyeshadow over the Chartreuse and a little bit over the golden lemon. I lightly blended them together by taking a blending brush and sweeping from the inside corner of the lid outward a couple times. After that I applied a tiny bit of MAC Humid eyeshadow up the outer corners of my eyelids and blended upward into the crease. I lined my upper lid with MAC's limited edition (Art Supplies Collection) Pearlglide Intense Eyeliner in "Undercurrent." A gorgeous green shade with a hint of blue, topped with golden shimmer. My lower lash line had already caught some Chartreuse coloured fallout, and it looked good so I decided to work with it. I then lined my waterline, and inner edge of upper eyelid with an Almay eyeliner in Black. I believe it's the one that says 16 hours, water resistant and smudge proof. Something to that effect. Anyway, it's really good for water lines! I dabbed a thin line of Lise Watier Eye Glitter in "Golden Green" across the upper lash line, and finished with two coats of L'Oreal Telescopic Explosion mascara, combed my brows with a spooly brush, and VoilĂ ! I wish the pictures did it justice. It's a super bright, summery fun look.



*You may also note that Cailum has his father's cool pink skintone. I believe Rhett is neutral. That boy is WHITE.

-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3