Thursday, June 24, 2010

General Update

Rhett had a not-so-fantastic day at the splash pad while my mom, Cailum, and I waited out Chad's visit with his kids. It was Father's Day weekend and so there was a car show at the park. The place was packed and Rhett was not in the mood. When I'd had enough of his misbehaving I took his hand and led him to the car. Or tried to. It was not so simple.

There was heavy traffic flowing through the park and Rhett thought he was too much of a badass to hold mommy's hand. Plus mommy is mean! So he bit. And he bit... I wish I could post a picture of these two bites. I feel inclined to get a tetanus shot! Shaking him off of me was absolutely out of the question because if I had he surely would have ran right into a car. I don't physically discipline, either- though I would have liked to at that moment. I guess my high frustration was the reason why I barely felt the bite that broke skin. Until after, that was. Tiny black dots marking each of his teeth, with surrounded and filled by a purple and red circle, with an open wound in the middle. Rhett snarling with my blood smeared across his mouth, and tons of people staring. Not a pretty picture!!

After this I decided it would be best to put him back on his medication. I hate the idea of medicating any child for behavioural reasons. Especially my baby. Alas, it seems to be the only way to keep him from hurting himself and literally eating my flesh. And before you tell me to give him a slap, I should mention that this is a boy who broke two bones in his foot, nearly severing his toe, and did not feel an ounce of pain, even for a second. What good would it do?

So now that he is back on his medication he is crashing at about 4:00 pm every evening and waking up at 9:00 or 10:00 am. I've been enjoying the break for the past few days, but starting tomorrow it is time to get him back on schedule.

And now for some Cailum news! Cailum crawled today. At 1 week he rolled over, at 3 weeks he began smiling for more than just gas reasons, and at 4 months he is crawling to me! He kind of sucks at it, but we are proud anyway. Especially big brother Rhett, who got on hands and knees beside him and crawled along. Aww Rhettski! Such a proud big brother. Cailum is still very cautious of him, however.

Andddd if you noticed the colour change in my character's hair up there, it is in accordance to my own. I'm now sporting a light Auburn. Chad pre-lightened my hair, processing the ends first to ensure an even lift, then I rinsed without shampoo or conditioner and applied the colour. FYI: My local Shopper's Drugmart is selling certain shades of red on clearance for $1.00 CAD. Perhaps yours is, too!



Also- Chad bought me another Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil. The colour is called Baked. It's a rather bold bronze, and I'm psyched to wear it tomorrow! I love these liners. Expect a review in the near future.

-H. Cat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks darling <3